Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Being fabulous

In the last week or so (since I've been reading up a bit on 'my condition') I have decided that for the next while at least, no... scrap that... for ever I need to be FABULOUS. If my waist is going to start THICKENING in 2 weeks time (I will not cry, I will not cry, I will not cry - I will not lament the hours and hours I've spent at bootcamp waking up at 5am to get in shape. I won't.)then I may as well make full use of my best outfits in the meantime. The poor Band. I am looking HOT but for the first time in 3 years of marriage, the mojo is on the down low. haha.. i must actually make an effort. Usually I'm chasing the guy round the house. haha. joking people. But ya... hold me to it, ok?

last week wasn't great for me, but this week I am feeling hundreds again. It's weird! No nausea. No headaches. No heartburn. Not much peeing. The awful irony is that as soon as the bad symptoms aren't there you start mini-stressing that perhaps something's happened.

Also... aren't I supposed to be super emotional? I'm not. Not at all. I'm my usual droll self. In fact I don't think I had thought about it once today until I started with this post. I'm not going to start all the "does that make me a crap mom?" crap. If I do ever start with the Mom Guilt, shoot me.

2 comments:

Charmskool said...

Yay you are joining the "mommy" club. Welcome and enjoy being pregnant - it settles down and you become weirdly serene - or at least I did. The spreading middle thing is only temporary and all those hours in bootcamp will pay off because you should just spring back to normal after (yeah well it's a slow spring). I was a ballet dancer before the spread and I went back to normal afterwards quite quickly. Yippee! A blog baby - my first lol.

Anonymous said...

all in good time. The guilt is waiting - it will jump on you when you least expect it. It's just laying low, building it's strength...